To be determined per 50-minute session. Rates are subject to increase on an annual basis due to cost of business expenses.
I offer a free 30-minute telephone consultation to determine mutual compatibility.
Available on a limited basis. To be determined.
Cash, Credit Card or Check payable to Connie McCullar. Payment is due at each session.
Psychotherapy services are sometimes covered by health insurance or employee benefit plans. I recommend researching your insurance plan to find out if you qualify for mental health benefits.
- How many sessions are allotted per year under your plan?
- What is your deductible and has it been exhausted?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from your primary care physician?
If requested, I can provide you with a service receipt that can be submitted to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. If your insurance benefits are utilized, the number of sessions and type of treatment may be limited. Confidentiality may be compromised.
What can I expect during the initial appointment?
The first therapy session involves rapport building, information gathering, preliminary goal-setting and the discussion of primary issues. The client is encouraged to discuss reasons for dissatisfaction with his/her life situation. Over time, we will work collaboratively to illuminate and resolve difficulties. The sharing of personal history and feelings may be anxiety-provoking, but is essential for growth, repair and healing.
Clients may be asked to complete a homework assignment between sessions or read a relevant book. The session will be interactive and solution-oriented. Each client will be treated with compassion, patience and respect. I offer brief (time -limited, present-oriented & goal-focused) and long-term (open-ended, past-oriented & exploration of personality and family of origin issues) therapy. The length of therapy will be determined after the first few sessions. Therapy is most effective when appointments are regularly scheduled and attended.
Please notify me by voicemail (925) 285-6595 or visit my "Contact Me" page to send an email at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment. You will be billed for the entire session rate if I do not receive prior notification.
What about medications?
Psychiatrists and medical doctors are licensed to prescribe medication. Your physical and mental health may improve significantly with psychotherapy alone. If you believe that you can benefit from medication coupled with therapy, schedule an appointment with your provider for an evaluation. You can then determine the best course of action.
The law protects the relationship between psychotherapist and client. Information cannot be disclosed without written consent.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse for which it is required by law to report to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person(s), the police and the intended victim will be notified.
- If a client intends harm to him/herself, effort will be made to ensure safety. If the client does not cooperate, further measures will be taken.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- I am committed to conducting business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use:
- By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Connie McCullar's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Connie McCullar's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Connie McCullar at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Connie McCullar's website are provided "as is." Connie McCullar makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Connie McCullar does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall Connie McCullar or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Connie McCullar's website, even if Connie McCullar has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- The materials appearing on Connie McCullar's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Connie McCullar does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Connie McCullar may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Connie McCullar does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Connie McCullar has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Connie McCullar of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
- Any claim relating to Connie McCullar's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Please contact me for further information.
(925) 285-6595 or visit my "Contact Me" page to send an email.
Connie McCullar, M.S., LMFT 90573
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Certified Parent Educator
Certified Sports Psychology Coach